Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sara Taney Humphreys Guest Blog

SECOND ANNUAL MILITARY FAMILIES CONTEST

By Sara Taney Humphreys author of the Amoveo Legacy

Last year, as a special thank you to our service members and their families, I held a unique contest for U.S. Military Wives. It turned out to be an incredibly rewarding experience. I had the privilege of meeting several amazing women and their beautiful families. The war that our soldiers are fighting is splashed across our television and computer screens on a daily basis. In many ways, I think we become almost numb to it all. When that happens, it's easy to forget that there are real people who are deeply affected by it, people who don't have the luxury of tuning it out. The families of our soldiers live with the harsh reality of this war every single day. Hearing the personal stories of these families helped me remember that our troops are husbands, fathers, brothers and sons who are immensely loved and sorely missed.

I have decided to make this an annual contest. I am very excited to report that ASMBA-STAR, an outstanding organization for Vets and their families, has agreed to continue their partnership with me.

This year the contest will run from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. Once again, a portion of my annual book sales will be donated to ASMBA-STAR.
Who is eligible? Well, this year I've opened the contest up to ALL U.S. Military Families-- Moms, Dads, Sons, Daughters, Wives, Husbands, Sisters, and Brothers. If you have a family member that is serving our country...tell us about them!

Once a week, beginning Memorial Day weekend, I will pick one entrant to be highlighted on my blog. These weekly entrants are semi-finalists. Labor Day weekend I will select three winners.

Second Prize: A $25 Amazon Gift Card, a signed copy of The Amoveo Legacy and a Team Amoveo T-Shirt.

First Prize: A $50 Amazon Gift Card, a signed copy of The Amoveo Legacy and a Team Amoveo T-Shirt.

Grand Prize: A book signing event at their local Bookstore and the winner will be the special guest of honor. Five free signed copies of The Amoveo Legacy. (1 for them and 4 of their friends) They'll also receive a $100 Amazon Gift card and a Team Amoveo T-Shirt.

For details on how to enter please visit my website and click on the "Contest" tab.

I hope you'll help me spread the word about this contest. I look forward to meeting more incredible families! You can support our veterans and their families by purchasing a copy of The Amoveo Legacy or donate directly to ASMBA-STAR .

image 

What if everything you knew turned out to be a lie?  You find out that you aren’t even human—at least not entirely. What if, one day, you realize your world will never be the same again? These are the questions that Samantha Logan must face in “The Amoveo Legacy”.  A dream on her thirtieth birthday compels her to leave her artists loft in New York City and move back to the beach with her Grandmother, Nonie.  However, the instant Samantha steps foot on the salty shores of her childhood home, she realizes the landscape has changed.

The moment she encounters the mysterious, arrogant neighbor Malcolm Drew, her life is never the same. Through a seductive courtship, he introduces her to the magical mystical world of the Amoveo. The dream walking, telepathic, shape shifters that he claims are her true heritage.  However, Malcolm holds back a secret that could destroy them both. Will he be able to protect Samantha and convince her of the secret legacy buried deep inside of her?

Sara’s Website I Blog I Twitter I Facebook I Myspace

2 comments:

Sara Humphreys said...

Thanks a bunch for having me here today! I'm really excited abou this years' contest! Keep those entries coming in!

Amanda Leigh said...

Thanks so much for being here! I'm an army brat myself, and have had a lot of family in the military, so I really love your contest! The Amoveo Legacy sounds great too!!