Today I want to bring everyone’s attention to a great cause. Jen over at Rayment’s Readings, Rants and Ramblings is having a raffle for those that donate to her Spirit Wheel Walk Run event for the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario. Jen’s oldest son was born with Spina Bifida. You can read about their journey with his disease here.
Here is a description of spina bifida taken from the SB&H website:
Spina bifida is a neural tube birth defect (NTD) which occurs within the first four weeks of pregnancy. The spinal column fails to develop properly resulting in varying degrees of permanent damage to the spinal cord and nervous system.
Infants born with spina bifida may have an open lesion on their spine where significant damage to the nerves and spinal cord occurs. Although the spinal opening is surgically repaired shortly after birth, the nerve damage is permanent. This results in varying degrees of paralysis of the lower limbs, depending largely on the location and severity of the lesion. Even with no visible lesion, there may be improperly formed or missing vertebrae, and accompanying nerve damage.
So not only would your donations be going to a wonderful cause, but for EVERY $5 you donate, you can choose which item you would like a chance at winning. These prizes are fabulous! To see them all, check out THIS POST!
Instructions for donating online:
- Type ( click on the link or cut and paste) this http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=s10136 into your web browser
- Click on DONATE NOW (orange box with donate now)
- Fill out your donation amount in box Donation Amount
- In the next box click the button that says one-time donation
- In the Fund/Designation Drop Down Box - scroll down and choose "2010 SWWR - Jake's Journey (Rayment Family)
- IGNORE rest of the boxes and click on CONTINUE
- On the next screen double check that the info is all correct and than choose CHECKOUT at bottom right hand corner
- On the next screen type in all your contact info and answer all the questions and than click on CONTINUE
- Choose your Payment option Paypal, Visa, Mastercard or AMEX and finish off the rest of the form
Please fill out the form AFTER you have made the donation. This raffle is separate from the donation form so just make the donation and then go here. Canada Helps has nothing to do with the actual raffle. If you donate over $5 and want all your raffle tickets to go to one prize only, put it in the comment box at the end of the form.