Today through Wednesday, July 14th, is Once Upon a Read-a-Thon hosted by Pure Imagination, Reading Angel, and Candace’s Book Blog. To find out more info, you can go HERE and to sign-up go HERE! Some amazing prizes are going to be given away as well! You can check those out HERE.
I was lucky enough to be asked to host a mini challenge for the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon, so make sure if you’re participating, you stop by on Wednesday and check that out!
Now this is a 3 day read-a-thon, so sleeping will be needed at some point no matter what. You can read as little or as much as you like, and take part in as many of the challenges as you wish (especially mine ;)), but I will make one recommendation for this. If you’re going to try to stay up and read as long as possible, you might want to chill on the coffee and processed sugar. I’d go with tea and maybe fruit for snacks w/ natural sugar. Those seem to keep me going longer than about anything else when I need to stay up.
On to my reading choices. I’ve got a nice pile of books sitting here waiting for me ranging from young adult to adult, urban fantasy to paranormal romance, romance to steampunk, and whatever else my heart desires. I’m sticking to shorter books so that I feel like I’m accomplishing something during this read-a-thon. I also have a few ebooks and audiobooks ready in case the mood strikes. So hopefully I’m prepared.
Here’s my list of books I’ll probably choose from:
- Hunger by Barbara J. Hancock
- Avalon Revisited by O.M. Grey
- The Society of S by Susan Hubbard
- Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Wiengarten
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de le Cruz
- Take Me If You Dare by Candace Havens
- Midshipwizard Halcyon Blithe by James M. Ward
- A Season of Eden by J.M. Warwick
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
- Blood Vice by Keith Melton
- The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman
- Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine (audiobook)
- Superstition’s Desire by Lisa M. Campbell (ebook)
I’ll update this post later today as I read! Wish me luck!
Oh, and those of you that have participated in read-a-thon’s before and who want to share tips for others, please do so!!