Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vanessa Vaughn Blog Tour: Interview

Hi Vanessa! Thanks so much for joining me today for a stop on the Pack of Lies Blog Tour! It's great to have you!

Thank you! I’m happy to be here!

Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

I began my writing career by publishing erotic short stories in my spare time. I am so happy to finally have the chance now to devote myself to writing, and to do what I truly love!

My debut novel Pack Of Lies just released, and I couldn’t be more thrilled! This is an erotic M/M werewolf novel that is very intense and very hot! It is the very first book in a new series.

What first got you started writing?

I've always been an avid reader, and the urge to write slowly grew in me from the moment I picked up that first book.

Can you tell us a bit about Pack of Lies?

My writing is a little darker than most authors. I like characters who are struggling with life and death, who are battling with good and evil. That is why I write paranormal erotica.

In this book, the main character Jack is attacked by a werewolf, and his world is changed forever. After that night, Jack feels a new power inside of him, and he barely even recognizes himself as he becomes more sexual, more impulsive, more wild each day. But Jack is also struggling with a powerful bond that links him to his handsome attacker, and like it or not he is slowly being pulled into the pack’s dangerous and mysterious world.

It is a very exciting read. One reviewer even compared it to Kate Douglas’ Wolf Tales series!

What made you want to write M/M erotica?

Well, two gorgeous heroes are always better than one! And truthfully, I find M/M scenes a lot easier to write. When the two lovers are physical equals, it opens up a lot of exciting possibilities. I feel like I have more license to make the sex very physical and intense. In Pack Of Lies you’ll find both M/F as well as M/M scenes, and they are all smoking hot!

Was it a lot different writing Pack of Lies than your previous short stories? If so, why?

I loved taking on the challenge of writing a full length novel! As soon as I started, I realized that it was really no different than what I’d done before. I have already published dozens of short stories and I love writing them, but nothing can compare to the tremendous satisfaction I felt when I finished this book! I fell in love with the characters! (In fact, I’m finishing up the sequel right now.)

Who is your favorite character from Pack of Lies?

The hero Marcus is the ULTIMATE powerful, strong Alpha Male. He is handsome and demanding; and I love him even more because he is hiding secrets that make him very vulnerable. I think a bit of vulnerability can make a strong quiet man even more alluring.

Who are your favorite authors? What are your favorite books?

I grew up loving gothic classics by greats like Mary Shelley, Edgar Allan Poe, Bram Stoker, and Anne Rice. I am also a rabid fan of classic black and white horror films. As a result, my writing often involves supernatural characters like vampires, zombies, and—of course—werewolves.

Is there a character in fiction that you've always identified with more than others?

I enjoy stories that are a little subversive and a little challenging. I was never a fan of the stereotypical hero. Growing up, I always cheered for the “bad guy”. Dracula was my hero. I thought that Van Helsing was a bully, that it was the intolerant villagers chasing Frankenstein with their torches who were the true evil in the world. Snow White’s “evil” queen seemed so much more complex and alluring to me than her simpleminded stepdaughter ever hoped to be, and Dr. Jekyll seemed incredibly lucky to be able to understand both the light and dark parts of himself.

That is what most of my stories are about, really—there being both light and dark parts in each of us, and the way that we are more complete when we embrace them both. It is impossible to be a perfect person, and healthy to be a complicated one.

Finally, if you could be any paranormal being, what would you be and why?

I would want to be a werewolf, mostly because that would mean I could find a hot Alpha of my very own!

Don’t get me wrong. I love vampires as much as the next girl. Vampires are elegant and beautiful. Their haunting stares make us forget ourselves and give in completely to our darkest desires.

But sometimes we want a man who is a little more raw, and that is where werewolves come in.

Werewolves are controlled by a powerful urge to mate, just as vampires are controlled by a powerful urge for blood. But while the vampire’s urge is symbolic of sex, the werewolf’s urge is sex itself. What the werewolves feel is primal and savage. It is unstoppable.

Where vampires are elegant and pale and sensual, werewolves are all hard muscle and brute force. Both are the ultimate bad boys. Both make us to do kinky twisted things we never thought we would. Both can bite us savagely and make us part of their world. Both can even go too far and kill us. But only the werewolf is truly transformed by his hunger. Only the werewolf loses all control and utterly forgets himself. That complete loss of control is what sets werewolves apart. For the werewolf, absolutely everything is permitted and nothing is held back. What he wants, he takes.

If that isn’t a recipe for hot sex, I don’t know what is!!!

Thanks again Vanessa for joining us here for a stop on your blog tour! It’s been great getting to chat with you!

To find out more about Vanessa, you can find her here:

Vanessa’s Website I Blog I Facebook

 

Vanessa VaughnPack Of Lies by Vanessa Vaughn
Genre: Paranormal M/M Erotic Romance
Publisher: Ravenous Romance
ISBN: 13-9781607773399
Publication Date: 6/2/10

Blurb:

When Jack is attacked by a powerful werewolf one moonlit night, his world is forever changed.

Marcus is that wolf, the strong leader of his pack, who never imagined a mere mortal could ever escape him, much less ever become one of his kind. And yet, as time passes, he can't deny the handsome human is slowly beginning to change.

No longer the civilized architect he used to be, Jack feels a new power coalescing inside of him. He barely even recognizes himself as he becomes more sexual, more impulsive, more wild in every way.
But as the bite transforms him, it also binds he and his attacker together forever. The two share a powerful unbreakable link, no matter how forcefully they may each try to deny it.

Marcus is already hiding secrets from the other wolves, and his position as Alpha is threatened. Could Jack be the new ally Marcus needs to set things right, or will their desire for one another draw them away from all they know and alter the course of their lives forever?

Purchase from :

 

Amazon I Ravenous Romance I All Romance I Fictionwise

 

Don’t forget to check out the other stops on the blog tour! Tomorrow’s stop is Marilyn's Room!

1 comment:

Sparklybearsy said...

Wonderful interview!!

Im reading this book right now, im enjoying it =)