Monday, September 13, 2010

Blogmania Sponsor: Missy Jane

I was lucky enough to win a book titled They Call Me Death by Missy Jane from another blogger around the time I first started blogging. Recently my fellow The Travelling Book Gnome-ers and I read it for our book tour, and we got the chance to post the prequel to the story in parts and it can now be found in its entirety on her blog HERE. She has always been such a pleasure to be in contact with, so she was another easy choice for a sponsor for Blogmania and she happily said yes!

image

Missy Jane is the alter ego of a Texas mother of four who has been married to the same wonderful man for over fourteen years. About seven years ago Missy finished reading a book by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, titled The Outstretched Shadow, and thought “Now, what if…” and a monster was created. Missy now spends most of her time lost in worlds of her own making alternately loving and hating such creatures as vampires, shape-shifters and gargoyles (to name a few). When not writing, she spends her time reading, taking photos of her four beautiful daughters and training her husband to believe she’s always right.

Missy Jane

Humans are no longer at the top of the food chain…

My name is Alexia Williams. In my world, North America is divided between north and south—but not the way it’s taught in the history books.

After losing my family to the shifters, I joined the Combined Human States Army. Now I find myself on the front lines, defending the wall between my species and theirs. My mission is simple: keep the animals on their side by whatever means necessary—and I’m good at it. I don’t talk to them. I don’t sympathize with them. I sure as hell don’t admire them…until one saves my life.

Andor isn’t like any shifter I’ve ever met. He’s a three-hundred-year-old golden eagle asking for help finding missing shifters who may be in my lands. I just have to decide between helping the animals or ignoring signs that my fellow humans aren’t what I thought they were. But how can I help a species I hate and fear? Even if Andor makes me feel alive again?

In the land of the shifters…they call me Death.

Solon has admired Darina from afar for almost a year, smiling politely from behind the security desk when he wants to do much more. 

He watches her struggle to maintain her composure when the boss’ daughter steals her fiancé, Marc. 

With Darina doubting her ability to be loved, and Sol doubting his worth as a viable partner, the odds are stacked against them having more than just hot sex between them, despite their spontaneous and smoking-hot tryst in her office. 

When Marc decides he wants another taste of Darina, Sol realizes he’ll fight anyone to keep her…even Darina herself.

 

Look what recently arrived in my mailbox for Blogmania:

In My Mailbox 20-4

  • They Call Me Death by Missy Jane signed CD
  • Resignation by Missy Jane signed CD
  • 8 bookmarks
  • 2 magnets

 

Find Missy Jane around the web:

Website I Blog I Twitter I Facebook I Myspace I Blood Bank I Goodreads I FNT Blog I CHS Blog

 

Photobucket